Friday, February 3, 2012

It's effing cold here

I know, two months...sorry about that. But Paris/London/Gdansk/Warsaw/Lodz/Warsaw/USA/Warsaw took up six of those weeks, so that's my excuse somehow. "Winter" in the U.S. was a complete joke -- no snow, no offensive temperatures, no taking a digger on some black ice. Warsaw, however, has brought the pain. The temperatures in Celsius sound more horrifying, but it's been seriously subzero most of the week so far. Which means one thing: everyone is busting out their burliest furs. I can't imagine seeing these getups at home...am I just making that up?




Sorry about the picture quality, but it's hard to secretly snap pictures of people, and I don't want to wake these beasts and have them charge me if they figure out what I'm up to. There isn't really any snow in Warsaw to speak of and it's been consistently sunny all week (rare!) which is maybe why it doesn't really seem *that* bad to me. But then I watch the news where people are digging for coal to heat their houses and starting fires on the street and think maybe living in Minnesota has warped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment