Thursday, December 1, 2011
Phoebelinks
As always, my visitor gets to guest-blog the links. Unfortunately, that means another god damn cat video. Of special (and unrelated) note about Phoebe is that we have a nice set of contrasting anxieties when flying. At the airport Phoebe gets completely psyched out by the security process. She has to make a gameplan for going through in a functional manner -- and not because she's hauling 30 kilos of cocaine in her carryon either. On the way to Paris they made her take her boots off, and then the boots got separated in the x-ray machine and, well, I wish I had a topical Xanax cream for the after-effects. I got a pat down on my way to London, and that is seriously invasive; the security gal ran her hands along the waistband of my pants like I was six years old and she was checking to see if my pants fit. My anxiety begins on the plane, where Phoebe can promptly zonk out but I have to white-knuckle the armrest until at least 10 minutes into the flight. Ok, on to the links:
1. A total classic. I am obsessed with this PBS documentary, as is the whole Larson family. If you haven't seen it you must. This dude moves to the backwoods of Alaska and builds a cabin from scratch -- including the tools. When Phoebe pulled this up on Youtube I knew what it was in the first two seconds of the of the guitar strains.
2. Phoebe loves this: the French can't pronounce winner...it sounds like "wiener" instead. So naturally Phoebe liked to day, "Mo Dub, check out this pair of soo-pair kewl wee-ners who just walked in" whenever she saw hot guys. She's so French.
3. Aforementioned cat video.
4. Want to wet your pants? Read the top 50 autocorrects of the year. Here's part one, and here's part two.
5. This is pretty much what our entire visit to Paris was like.
Labels:
links
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Best post ever. And that photographer is SICK (as in soo-pair kewl, not sick dump).
ReplyDelete