Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Warsaw --> Paris --> Warsaw --> London --> Gdansk
Just wanted to post that I've officially been in Poland for six months as of today. Also, I have been in three countries in as many days. I am currently on the Easybus to London's Luton airport (I secretly hoped their wi-fi would block this blog for being too racy, no such luck) to head to Gdansk for company holiday party fuckery and guidebook updating. Which means Phoebe and I made it out of Paris alive and did not burn it down with our sexual heat.
For the most part everyone was alarmed that we had no pre-set schedule or plan for Paris. Our advance research included a) booking a hotel and b) figuring out how to get from Charles De Galle to said hotel. Other than that we left it open. In the end that meant no museums (though we walked through the Tuileries to the Louvre and marveled at the exterior) and lots of bread/cheese/chocolate eating. Honestly, that's the best way to roll in Paris. I've been twice before and done the museum/cathedral hustle, and this is better; We checked out different neighborhoods and just knocked about.
The one thing we did plan was Thanksgiving at a French brasserie. Instead of turkey and stuffing we kicked things off with a drink at the bar (champagne for me, martini for Phoebe) and then a dinner of foie gras, some crazy beef dish with potatoes, wine and creme brulee. Are we classy bitches or what?
Labels:
World traveler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment