I am in Germany, and already I like their public bathrooms better than ours.
But first: I am delirious. After an anxiety-filled Memorial day at the airport, I am only one flight away from my destination. And no one was gripped against their will on either of my flights so far. On the first leg, the mini-plane from Milwaukee to Chicago was so filled with deadheading pilots and flight attendants that I knew there was plenty of backup in case shit hit the fan. On the Lufthansa flight out of Chicago I was nervous. I popped 1.5 xanax. There were two empty seats on my right side, and an aisle on my left, and both of those folks crossed themselves as we took off. But there's something about European flight attendants (and prescription drugs) that chilled me out. The in-flight "entertainment" was punishing: The Tourist. No Strings Attached. The Green Hornet. Shoot me.
I just overheard some folks saying that I am not at the right gate. I am sure this will be the beginning of endless cockups and misunderstandings, but luckily I am too tired to care.

No comments:
Post a Comment