Check out Polish Don Johnson. The blue slip-ons. The rolled up white blazer. The shorts.
I figured he'd be good symbolism for the end of my first week of pure Polish insanity. Check out the best questions I've been asked since I got here:
1. Are the house parties in America as good as I think they probably are?
2. Does every girl there have plastic surgery?
3. Why did you come here?
4. Do you hate Canadians?
5. Is your brother single?
Work-wise, everyone in this company is spread around the country, so they traveled to Gdynia to meet me and the other new writer and have some company-wide meetings. But mainly it seems like going out (every night) and drinking (excessively) was the plan. I'm from Wisconsin but man alive...that's a lot of partying. Last night involved my first club visit, and it was everything I imagined: thumping electronic re-workings of terrible songs, European guys doing dance moves I can't imagine the gayest of American men doing and lots of cigarettes.
Going out every night has been rough since I still feel sort of lagged on sleep, so I left ahead of everyone and took the train back to where I am staying. My only assignment for the weekend is to check out a new burrito place in Gdynia to see if Americans will consider it legit. My personal assignment is to fucking sleep.
Work-wise, everyone in this company is spread around the country, so they traveled to Gdynia to meet me and the other new writer and have some company-wide meetings. But mainly it seems like going out (every night) and drinking (excessively) was the plan. I'm from Wisconsin but man alive...that's a lot of partying. Last night involved my first club visit, and it was everything I imagined: thumping electronic re-workings of terrible songs, European guys doing dance moves I can't imagine the gayest of American men doing and lots of cigarettes.
Going out every night has been rough since I still feel sort of lagged on sleep, so I left ahead of everyone and took the train back to where I am staying. My only assignment for the weekend is to check out a new burrito place in Gdynia to see if Americans will consider it legit. My personal assignment is to fucking sleep.
O.M.G! It's like 1985 there. Did Back to the Future just come out in theaters?
ReplyDeleteI just bought a ticket to see Short Circuit!! Actually, they did play Technotronic...
ReplyDeletePump up the jam ho!
ReplyDelete