Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wowza Warszawa


I got back to Warsaw last Friday to start updating the guide and searching for a place to live. I've seen a shitload of great stuff and taken lots of pictures...but left my cord in Gdansk. Sigh. So I had to use a stock image (and a cheesy one at that).

That also means I can't upload the pictures of the place I found to live. After looking at numerous shitholes, I found a good spot on Marzalkowska, which is in the steaming core of Warsaw. The building is decent, though the hallways/stairwells look seriously bombed out. The place I took has a kitchen the size of a coffin (and no stove), a bathroom, bedroom and living room in 36 square meteres (I don't know what that means either). It looks like I'll need to hose the entire place down before Grace arrives and bursts into tears. Actually, maybe I can steal the pictures from their website:



Ha. That worked. I have to take 1600zl and my passport to the apartment tomorrow to seal the deal. Odds that they'll punch me in the face, take the money, and burn my passport: 50/50. To everyone who thought I'd have to change the name of the blog once I moved, rest assured: I'm too lazy and don't care enough. Plus, the "word" pdants is excellent.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That doesn't look bad at all, especially if it's in the center it will be worth it. Plus, it's got a hot plate! What were you going to do with an oven anyway, bake cookies? I hope you have a laundry machine somewhere in those 387.5 sq ft, because I'll need to do some when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toaster oven, hoss. Better that and more room for me when I come in Nov!

    ReplyDelete