Sunday, September 4, 2011

My stunning return


...and I'm back. Apparently immigration rules and Schengen restrictions are more of a suggestion than a letter-of-the-law sort of thing in Poland. I spent much of my evenings winding myself up by watching a show called UK Border Patrol in which agents at Heathrow bar people from entering the country. Obviously that wasn't comforting. I expected a cage to drop from the ceiling and a cavity search at Polish customs, but the agent barely glanced at my passport before stamping it and throwing it back at me. Huh. He also scanned it...but apparently that means nothing?

Anyhow, London = amazing. My new goal is to convince boss that the IYP empire needs to expand to include a London guide (written by me). My list of loves begin with the Underground and extend to:
-Marks and Spencer Simply Food
-The fact that you can buy maple syrup there
-Accents!
-The museums are free
-They dug up and re-executed Oliver Cromwell two years after he died!
-Mayor Boris Johnson seems like fun
-I'm actually not offended by the weather
-I like the tabloid-size of their (many!) newspapers
Also, I saw Pippa Middleton (but not her famous bum as she was sitting on it) while I was there. Unfortunately, I also got a virulent cold. But I'm willing to overlook that last bit.



2 comments:

  1. Lets! I am going to be the IYP editor in that city if it kills me. And you can be my househusband. Speaking of, I had a Will-style egg sandwich for dinner.

    ReplyDelete